IP Camera Applications for Axis, Mobotix, Panasonic Surveillance Systems
Axis Communications, Mobotix, and Panasonic System Communications are worldwide leaders for network security cameras. If your business has an IP camera system from any of these manufacturers, there may be a mobile app that you aren’t utilizing.
Continue reading “IP Camera Mobile Apps on iOS, Android – Axis, Mobotix, Panasonic”
Bring your own device (BYOD) is a business trend of permitting employees to professionally use their personal devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Last week was Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, produced by the GSMA, and a headline from Wired.com describes perfectly the evolving importance of the mobile ecosystem: “Phones don’t rule Mobile World Congress. The Internet does.”
Connectivity is crucial and research has consistently shown that businesses are integrating mobile devices more and more every year. If you aren’t exactly sure how BYOD works and have concerns, we’ll explain what your business could gain and how your network can stay secure with a customized BYOD strategy from TriTech.
Benefits of BYOD
An employee’s laptop connected to your corporate network for email is an example of BYOD; simple trend with substantial benefits. An effect from Consumerization of IT, a BYOD policy targets the same goal between businesses and employees: convenience.
- Increased productivity. Employees are working with electronics that they are familiar with and can do so afterhours.
- Preferred technology. Employees work with what they picked out on their own.
- Decreased spending. Businesses are spared the cost of technology purchases and updates because employees already own or have the appropriate devices. Funds and time are also saved from training.
- Management software. Mobile device management (MDM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) are detailed below.
Benefits of MDM & EMM
Mobile device management controls and oversees the physical BYOD devices, application operations, network activity, and data availability. Enterprise mobility management controls and oversees wireless networks, MDM, and any other business computing functions that BYOD devices operate with.
- Reduced downtime. Watch network traffic and restrict user access.
- Increased security. Less data theft and viruses from intentional breaches.
- Compliance reports. Settings to notify violators and take action if needed.
- Permissions. Restrictions can limit and prevent the access, modification, or distribution of documents, files, folders, and drives – based on the user, device, or application.
MDM & EMM for BYOD Risks
Every pro has a con that businesses hope to avoid with accessibility. Luckily, there are corporate device managers for BYOD to handle such risks.
- Hardware loss
- Problem: Stolen and misplaced electronics isn’t just costly when buying a replacement but also when you don’t know who has access to your business’ network.
- Solution: GPS trackers and remote wiping.
- Network congestion
- Problem: Slow and failed retrieval of requests due to too many devices being connected.
- Solution: App usage, monitoring what and how.
- Accidental threats
- Problem: An employee’s device can be compromised without you or them aware, opening your network and data unknowingly.
- Solution: Network Access Control (NAC) and encryption.
MDM Solutions for Your Business
TriTech can help your business with BYOD integration and EMM services in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Madison, and across Wisconsin. To learn more, call TriTech today at (262) 717-0037 or toll-free (800) 891-3388.