IP Camera Applications for Axis, Mobotix, Panasonic Surveillance Systems
Axis Communications, Mobotix, and Panasonic System Communications are worldwide leaders for network security cameras. If your business has an IP camera system from any of these manufacturers, there may be a mobile app that you aren’t utilizing.
Camera Station works with Axis products and open-standard IP cameras from third parties, so check for compatibility before purchasing a license if you have a surveillance system from a different manufacturer. Companion works with the Companion Camera Line and most other equipment from Axis, essentially Axis only.
Axis, Mobotix, Panasonic Mobile Applications
Axis and Panasonic applications are developed for both Android and Apple iOS. Mobotix has only developed one application and it’s available on Apple iOS. None of the IP camera makers have released mobile apps for Windows, Amazon, or smartwatch-compatibility. (NOTE: You must have the appropriate video surveillance implemented in order for the apps to work)
Axis Camera Station, Axis Companion, and Video Insight are mobile versions of their respective desktop video management software.
- Axis Camera Station is a stream-viewing application for those who have a license for the original software. Camera Station works with Axis network products as well as third-party devices that follow the IEC 62676 open standard.
- Axis Companion is named after their line of cameras and solutions designed for small businesses. The Companion app gives instant video access to Axis Companion cameras as well as the traditional product offerings.
- Axis Guide is a product comparison tool. For those who are considering an Axis security camera, this mobile app is a great way to easily browse and quickly view cameras side-by-side. Listed are PDF datasheets and direct links to Axis’ website. Even if you don’t have a security camera system, there’s the Axis Guide app for that!
- Video Insight is a Panasonic company with a developed app for select security cameras and equipment purchased after October 2014. This video management software is included with many Panasonic cameras but also offers a 60-day free trial.
- Mobotix App is a mobile remote station for Mobotix IP cameras and door stations. Available only from the Apple Store, this is the only official application offered by Mobotix – there are a couple Android apps in the Google Play Store with a Mobotix icon and name, so be aware that these are not releases from Mobotix.
Minimum Requirements for Axis, Mobotix, Panasonic Mobile Applications
Depending on your device and operating system, the availability of each application’s released version will vary, e.g. having an older mobile platform may allow a download of an earlier version but not the most current release. You must have a compatible IP camera and video system software to use these mobile applications (with the exception of Axis Guide).
- Axis Camera Station: Android 4.2, Apple iOS 8.0 – and later versions.
- Axis Companion: Android 4.2, Apple iOS 8.0 – and later versions.
- Axis Guide: Android 2.2, Apple iOS 5.0 – and later versions.
- Video Insight: Android 4.2, Apple iOS 8.0 – and later versions.
- Mobotix App: Apple iOS 5.0 – and later versions. NO authorized app for Android.
Surveillance Camera Solutions & Services from TriTech
Take your security to the next level with mobility. If you don’t have a surveillance solution in place, TriTech can help you get started – we are an Axis Solution Silver Partner, Mobotix CMP Certified Partner, and Panasonic Authorized Reseller. Call our certified professionals today, (262) 717-0037 or toll-free (800) 891-3388.
Version, Android: Camera Station 1.0.1 • Companion 2.2 • Guide 1.0.1 • Video Insight 3.1.3
Version, Apple: Camera Station 1.0 • Companion 2.2.1 • Guide 1.2.1 • Video Insight 2.3.4 • Mobotix 1.3