Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions…but you probably already knew that. There’s also a high probability that you have already downloaded certain Microsoft and Office 365 applications on your mobile device – Microsoft has charted in productivity categories with 7 apps in Google Play’s top 40 and 6 apps in iTune’s top 30.
But, did you know Microsoft developed mobile applications suitable for both middle management and lower-level employees? If you have an Office 365 account and use Windows in the workplace, then these innovative apps from Microsoft may be of use for you and your business!
Microsoft Mobile Applications
NOTE: The availability and functionality of each application can vary based on Office 365 for Business plans and service subscriptions.
- Office 365 Admin is exactly what you think: registered Office 365 administrators have complete access to their admin center. If you’ve been assigned as an administrator within your organization, this application allows you to take the dashboard and control the features on the go! (Must be an Office 365 subscription administrator)
- Outlook is self-explanatory also: connect to your business email server outside of the office. (Must have an account for Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo, or Google)
- Outlook Groups is a collaboration tool within Outlook for teams. Instead of multiple participants continuously sending email messages and large file attachments, Outlook Groups centralizes projects and makes communication between teams much easier. (Must have an account for Office 365)
- Remote Desktop gives you the ability to use your entire computer server without being at your desk. Going beyond cloud storage and backup, Remote Desktop allows software to be used and data to be modified. The big drawback of using a remote desktop: the computer must be powered on, causing security concerns for some regarding physical accessibility and unexpected outages. (Must be using a Windows Operating System or Windows Server – Macs cannot serve to a Remote Desktop but can connect to a PC that does)
- Skype for Business is a communication and collaboration tool. Features of Skype cover everything: phone calls, video calls, conference calls, video conferencing, instant messaging, file sharing, presence status, presentations, host moderation and participant management… (Must have an account for Office 365, Skype for Business, or Lync)
Minimum Requirements for Microsoft Mobile Applications
BlackBerry World does not offer any Microsoft applications for download. Amazon AppStore does not offer any of the below applications but has other options including OneDrive and OneNote.
- Office 365 Admin: Android 4.0, Apple iOS 6.0, Windows Phone 8 – and later versions. Apple watchOS.
- Outlook: Android 4.0.3, Apple iOS 8.0, Windows 10 Mobile (as Mail and Calendar) – and later versions. Apple watchOS, Android Wear.
- Outlook Groups: Android 4.1, Apple iOS 8.0, Windows Phone 8.1 – and later versions.
- Remote Desktop: Android varies, Apple iOS 8.0, Windows Phone 8.1 – and later versions. Window Systems: Select editions no older than Windows XP Professional and Windows Server 2000.
- Skype for Business: Android varies, Apple iOS 8.1, Windows Phone 8 – and later versions.
Microsoft System Solutions & IT Services from TriTech
You must first have the appropriate Microsoft or Windows solution implemented in order to use these mobile applications (with the exception of Outlook, which is a more broad email application).
If you’re looking to include mobility as part of a new business strategy or updated network infrastructure, TriTech is partnered with and certified by Microsoft to help create a solution for your success. Start a Microsoft or Windows solution with TriTech today, (262) 717-0037 or toll-free 24/7 at (800) 891-3388.
Check out our other mobile app blogs: Cisco
Versions, Android: Office 365 Admin 3.9 • Outlook 2.1.98 • Outlook Groups 2.4.11 • Remote Desktop 8.1.39 • Skype for Business 6.9.01
Versions, Apple: Office 365 Admin 3.9 • Outlook 2.5.8 • Outlook Groups 1.10.14 • Remote Desktop 8.1.27 • Skype for Business 6.9